NIKY'S MINI DONUT KIT
Bring home the fun and excitement of making your own Niky's Mini Donuts at home with your kids with the Niky's Mini Donut Kit!
Makes up to 48 mini donuts.
Fun for everyone!
- 2 bags of Niky’s Donut Mix (1 pound per bag, 2 pounds total)
- 1 bag of Niky’s Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 bag of Niky’s Powdered Sugar
- 1 mini donut dispenser
- 1 cloth bag
What you’ll need…
Solid vegetable shortening
Long Stem Fry Thermometer
1. Heat solid vegetable shortening to 375 degrees.
2. Mix 1 bag of Niky’s Donut Mix with 1 1/4 cups of water.
3. Using a mixer or blender, mix about 2 minutes.
4. Pour donut batter into the hopper, fill hopper completely .
5. Hold the hopper about 1 inch above the shortening.
6. Push the dispenser for about 5-10 seconds, releasing enough donut batter into the shortening.
7. If batter is coming out lopsided, hold the hopper at a slight angle to even it out.
8. The more donut batter you release will result in larger donuts. Too much batter may result in blobs.
9. Cook the donuts for about 30 seconds per side for a total of 1 minute. Cooking time will vary based on the size of the donut.
10. Remove from the oil and let cool before decorating.
Icing the mini donuts...
Buy regular cake icing from the store to ice the donuts in different flavors. Warm the icings in the microwave to melt slightly. Add sprinkles or other toppings before the icing dries.